Destination London back to articles
It was a good start to 2017 with thirty of our drivers taking part in a TFL training course. The course looked at how to minimise the impact and improve efficiency of coach operation in London and understand the increasing demand for parking and road space in the capital. The course also covered operational practices to ensure they continue to meet customers’ requirements as traffic congestion increases.
The course covered…
- Road hierarchy and a ‘Driver’s mind set’
- Vehicle checks
- Planning your journey
- Duty of care
- Communication skills
- Coach journeys into London
- Route and parking considerations including web-based planning
- Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs)
- Safeguarding vulnerable road users
This extra training will certainly enhance our customers experience when they travel with us to the many attractions London has to offer.